On 02/27/2017 09:47 AM, Martin Groenescheij wrote:
>> If we know why they are wanting the template, then one might be able to
>> either suggest an alternative, or create it, using the specifications
> That's a one off solution, next user will report the same problem

If the reconstructed/new template is placed on the template site, in
theory, it will rank higher than the "access denied" template.

>> concentrated on the landing page, and other heavily viewed pages.
> It has nothing to do with heavily viewed pages, because if you search a

I didn't bookmark the specific template (CBrainPower), but searching for
it on the template site returns "Search found 0 items".

> The issue is that if the link is not maintained by the originator of the
> template, you get errors.

What link are you talking about?

Grabbing the second template on the landing page for Templates,
"Scenario Template", the displayed message is "Mise-en page pour
scénario"
(http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/template/scenario-template
) and nothing else.

Trying a second template "Music template",
http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/template/music-paper, the
download link is to
http://templates.services.openoffice.org/template/download/70 . The
license links to http://www.openoffice.org/licenses/BSD.pdf. The only
offsite link I could find was to
https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoo-templates/files/70/stats/timeline?dates=2017-02-12+to+2017-02-26
, and, if you want to press it,
https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoo-templates/files/70/music_paper.ott/download
, which masquerades as
http://templates.services.openoffice.org/template/download/70

> At the moment the page gives the impression that the template and
> extension pages are owned by Apache OpenOffice

Technically, the webpages for both templates and extensions are owned by
Apache Software Foundation.

jonathon