I cannot speak for AOO, and I am not an attorney anywhere. What I would do if I
were in your position is to print out the AOO license for the version that
you’re using; write a statement of your circumstances and what you’ve been
asked to do; then take it to a California lawyer, and ask for a letter of
opinion.

Having that letter in your file will give you some ammunition against lawsuits
or other enforcement action. That’s the best you can do, since AFAIK there is
NO management of AOO that can speak with executive authority with respect to
the software.