On 03/30/2017 02:32 PM, James Plante wrote:
> What I would do if I were in your position is to print out the AOO license
> for the version that you’re using;
> write a statement of your circumstances and what you’ve been asked to
do; then take it to a California lawyer,
> and ask for a letter of opinion.

I'd recommend taking printouts of all licenses and contracts that are
related to the project, and have that lawyer go through them, to ensure
that using AOo will be kosher. I've come across a couple of contracts
that, for all practical purposes, prohibited the use of FLOSS. I've also
come across a couple of closed source licenses that make the use of
FLOSS problematic.

> Having that letter in your file will give you some ammunition against
> lawsuits or other enforcement action.

+1

I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice.

jonathon