Thanks. I believe that I have tried all that but still no success.
 One thing I noted however was that the screen where you check that you
want to run a JAVA Runtime environment, also says:
 "Java Runtime Environments already installed"
Does this "installed": refer to the computer in general or to the
particular Database I am trying to work with? Is it possible that I did
succeed in installing a JRE but possibly the wrong one? How can I check
this?

--
Paul Huffington
Home Sechelt (Primary) (1) 604 885-3160