Greetings,

I have a Writer document with about 50 rows in a table. At the bottom of the table, I want to sum the above column of cells in each row (a total). Currently, the only way to add a new row or rows to this sum is to add the cell reference(s) (i.e. |<J47>) to the long string of cell references to sum. Is this the only way, other than dragging from the first cell to the last cell?

I tried =sum(J2:Jn) and even =sum(<J2>:<Jn>) but that just displays a formula error message in the sum cell.

I would like to be able to add rows to this table as needed and have an easy way to add the new cells to the sum. A way of specifying a range of cells is perfect. As I now do it, the more rows I need to add, the more tedious and error-prone this process becomes.

Thanks.

Girvin Herr