Let me clarify.  The “codes” revealed are not what your thinking of — tags with
bracketed text, XML code, etc..  I think that the viewing option should more
properly be called “Reveal Structure” since it simply shows what formatting
instruction has been given and where, specifically things like, typeface and
size, indentations, line spacing, etc..

Stephen Nichols

On Aug 9, 2017, at 8:35 PM, Robert Funnell <robert.funn...@mcgill.ca> wrote:

On Thu, 10 Aug 2017, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

> The reveal codes shows bad formatting issues, if you learn to use Styles
> properly there is nothing to reveal.

Sometimes one has to work with documents created by other people.

And often one would like to be able to place the cursor before or after an
invisible format or style 'code' (or xml tag). I think that the possibility (in
principle) of doing so was demonstrated by the macros originally developed by
Iannz (referred to on my Web page mentioned in an earlier post in this thread).

- Robert