On Thu, 10 Aug 2017, Stephen Nichols wrote:

Let me clarify.  The “codes” revealed are not what your thinking of — tags with
bracketed text, XML code, etc..  I think that the viewing option should more
properly be called “Reveal Structure” since it simply shows what formatting
instruction has been given and where, specifically things like, typeface and
size, indentations, line spacing, etc..

You're right that what is wanted is not an exact display of the actual internal coding but rather some visual indication of what's going on.

To me the value of RevealCodes in WordPerfect was not just in seeing the structure but in therefore being able to position the cursor before or after (or inside or outside of) a particular style. This would be just as useful in OO and LO.

- Robert