Mike Dawe wrote: [...]

> Pedro, as others have tried this and after also coming to the same
> conclusion, I tried something slightly different.
>
> That is, I saved the above file as a Word 95 (.doc)
>
> Having done so, the resulting .doc file opened back up into
> OpenOffice intact. There was no problem with this conversion.

Oops, no, sorry. There is visible corruption in this file too, even
though it opens up again in OOo 3 (the text content is fine). Much of
the table data are damaged (see Brian Barker's post in this thread).

Also one or some of the embedded .wmf graphics are damaged. See page 82,
"Scheme IX-1: Healthy eye without Migraines". In your (unmodified) file
this graphic is not present. In the (Word 95) converted document, there
is a place holder with dimensions of the missing graphic at this point.
It is just not visible in your file until it is converted.

Looking at your unmodified file under a plain text editor, I suspect
(but could be wrong) that the above page 82 graphic is
corrupted at that point.

This is before it gets saved into any other format.

I notice also, that your file was an OOo version 1.2 file before it was
Saved As, into OOo version 3.0 format.

Perhaps the corruption began at then and this was exacerbated by
converting the OOo version 3 format to Win 9x format?

Perhaps the earlier 1.2 version of this document would fare better if
converted to Word formats using an earlier version of OOo?

--
Mike Dawe
OOo 3.0.1rc2 MacOSX PPC US English