Cor Nouws wrote:
> Lars Nooden wrote (16-9-2009 14:53)
>
>> Matthias said much earlier in this thread that what
>> 'renaissance' was about was the implementation (aka copying) of "The
>> Ribbon" in OOo, but called by a different name.  [...]
>
> He did not. You obviously missed the mail about that
>   http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=198155

In that mail it looks like he writes about attempting to dodge or
camouflage the issue by calling the activity by a different name.

Your suggestion to gather data seems different and very unrelated to
Mathhias' apparent proposal to copy 'The Ribbon', as far as I can see.
   Gathering usability data is a good idea if it leads away from the
complexity and inconsistency of context-sensitive buttons.

There are a lot of low hanging fruit to pick on the UI tree.

-Lars