Lars,

Lars Nooden wrote (16-9-2009 15:35)

In that mail it looks like he writes about attempting to dodge or
camouflage the issue by calling the activity by a different name.

Your suggestion to gather data seems different and very unrelated to
Mathhias' apparent proposal to copy 'The Ribbon', as far as I can see.

Pls see Matthias' reply in the thread. And believe it. Or not.

   Gathering usability data is a good idea if it leads away from the
complexity and inconsistency of context-sensitive buttons.

There are a lot of low hanging fruit to pick on the UI tree.

You are free to contribute on as many topics and as much as you like. But pls don't shoot the people that make different choices than you would do. Speaking for my own: I see the whole world changing with all kind of new interfaces. So I don't see any problem at all in taking a fundamental look at ours. On the contrary: ignoring the changing world does not seem a good idea to me. And am happy that I can give my comments and ask my questions on the work in progress.

Ciao - Cor

--
Cor Nouws
  - nl.OpenOffice.org marketing contact