On 01/05/11 11:11, Vic Dura wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 07:56:18 -0500, Gene Young <n2...@cfl.rr.com>
> wrote Re Re: [users] will I need to do the following . . . .:
>
>>  I will give him 24 hrs then set up a filter that will auto reply to
>> his personal email address for each one asking him what his  question
>> is.  If only ten others do so as well I suspect he will stop and ask a
>> real question on how to stop receiving the emails he requested.
> I like that.

------------
I would like my question answered, since I was the one that started the
thread.
I needed to know some info about updating/upgrading OOo in Ubuntu, since
I no longer use the repository version and its upgrading system.

Can I get away with just running the .deb files and not worry about removing
and then reinstalling the desktop-integration [i.e. menus]?  I had to do
a complete
uninstall, including the menus, so I did not get any errors when I
installed the
Oracle version of OOo instead of the Go-oo version in the repository.

So can I just install the deb files and skip the desktop-integration?