On 1/18/2011 6:55 AM, Thomas Erdman wrote:
I downloaded the program and registered as a user.  Unfortunately, the notes
detailing my user name have become misplaced.  I did receive an email welcoming
me and indicating a second email would be sent with a password.  Never received
it for some reason.  I appreciate your service but need to find out what name I
used on registration.  It probably started with the letters "ober............"

[Thomas (erdmant...@att.net) is not subscribed and probably will not see any responses unless directly copied.]

Apparently you got the program from somewhere other than the www.openoffice.org website, since no password is required to use the various applications (Writer, Calc, etc.). You can download from the site or a nearby mirror and use the program with no payment, registration, or password required (the installation process does ask for registration in order to gather some statistics; but this has no functional effect and can be skipped).

If this doesn't solve your problem, for instance if you paid for a version of OOo and expected support beyond what is provided free from the volunteers on this mailing list (and the others for OOo, the forums, and the extensive free documentation), I'm afraid you'll need to take that up with whatever organization collected your money.