Von: Barbara Duprey [mailto:b...@onr.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2011 01:04
An: users@openoffice.org; dmberkowi...@prodigy.net
Betreff: Re: [users] [moderated]

On 2/15/2011 2:50 PM, DOUGLAS BERKOWITZ wrote:
>    If someone sends me a power point presentation how can I get to it and
view it
> using office.  I don't have power point on my computer.  I can't seem to
be able
> to get it.
> Thanks
>         Doug Berkowitz

[Doug (dmberkowi...@prodigy.net) is not subscribed and probably will not see
directly copied.]

If you download OpenOffice.org (free from www.openoffice.org) and install
it, it should be able to
read these files and update them if necessary. There are sometimes some
formatting or other
differences, especially if there are audio effects across different slides.
You can also get a free
viewer, which does not allow updating the presentation, from the Microsoft
website.

To get OOo to open these files when you double-click them, you may have to
set the "file
association" for your system, and possibly for your e-mail client. This can
generally be done by
right-clicking on a file and choosing Open With, then browsing to
soffice.exe, and choosing the
option to always use this program for this file type. Setting the
association once for each of the
PowerPoint types should then be all it takes. (Note that the MS viewer will
override this if you
install it later.)