Von: Barbara Duprey [mailto:b...@onr.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2011 20:19
An: users@openoffice.org
Betreff: Re: AW: [users] Publisher File Conversion

On 2/17/2011 10:32 AM, Hans Eisenhardt wrote:
> My question is regarding Microsoft Publisher. I have version 2000 .pub but
> cannot open a newer version with it nor with open office. Do you see a
> possibility to help?
>
> Hans

As you've discovered, Microsoft intends for you to upgrade whenever they
release new versions, and
OOo has no read/write capability for pub files. I think you can still
download a trial copy of
Publisher, then capture the content through cut-and-paste into a document in
OOo. Writer and Draw
both have capabilities that might satisfy your requirements, depending on
what you need to
accomplish. A quick Google search also turned up another possible solution,
though I have no
experience with it:
http://blog.zamzar.com/2008/01/25/convert-ms-publisher-files-pub-files-to-do
c-pdf-odt-rtf-and-more/
Note the reference to odt -- that is the format native to Writer.