Harold Fuchs wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:42 AM [GMT+1=CET], Mathias Bauer
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Harold Fuchs wrote:
>>
>>> Gentlepeople,
>>>
>>> I received the appended e-mail today (26 Sept). I *think* it's
>>> spam but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me for certain?
>>
>> No it's no spam. The ezmlm program is the one that delivers the
>> mails from the list to your mail account. Obviously some mails
>> couldn't be delivered (provider problems, inbox full etc.) and
>> ezmlm collects these events and notifies you from time to time that
>> you missed some mails so that you can look them up in the archive.
>>
>> Best regards, Mathias
>
> Thank you, Mathias.
>
> Please would somebody explain how I can search this list's archive by
> *message number*. I can search by author or subject but not by number
> - at least not that I've been able to find.

The mail from ezmlm contained the hint:

| To retrieve a set of messages 123-145 (a maximum of 100 per request),
| send an empty message to:
|   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If you want to retrieve only a single message with number 130964 the
address would be

   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Send an empty mail to this address and ezmlm will send the mail with
this number to your intray.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.