On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 10:07 PM, H K <redflagba...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> My problem is that when I write data to the repository through my
> application, Sling does not seem to get it fast enough, which may be because
> it is caching or because it only periodically checks to see if the data it
> has is up-to-date or not

What you are observing here is the result of eventual consistency
model of Oak which is a MVCC based store [1]. When using
DocumentNodeStore (used for Mongo) each cluster node periodically
polls the backend for change in root node and then updates its head
revision to make those changes visible to current cluster node. So
change done by one cluster not would not be immediately *visible* on
other cluster nodes.

> This was not a problem using Sling 7 with Jackrabbit (instead of Oak) and
> connecting over RMI.

That was because there you were not using a cluster. You were
connecting to the JR running within Sling using RMI. So it was a
single node setup. If you use RMI now also and connect to same Sling
node then it would work as expected.

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/architecture/nodestate.html