Hi Chetan and Oliver,

Thanks for the replies. So assuming that I don't connect over RMI, does this
mean there is no way around this problem apart from delaying operations a few
seconds? If multiple Node Stores are being used, then it seems reasonable that
the backend is queried periodically, hence the lag, but is there a way to use
the same Node Store when connecting through an Oak application?

Furthermore, as for connecting over RMI: the reason why I abandoned that cause
was because unlike in Sling 7, where I configured the Apache Sling JCR
Repository RMI Registrar on port 1099 and saved it to expose the repository
over RMI, it did not work in Sling 8. Neither do I see a Jackrabbit/Oak folder
on my local machine, though the logs do state that RMI over 1099 is enabled.
I've confirmed by attempting to telnet into "localhost 1099", which works when
RMI is enabled in Sling 7 but not when it is in Sling 8.