Hey,

I'm not convinced that it is Composum related, if you check the code you can
clearly see they use the jackrabbit-filevault api themselves[1], see the
imports of the packages.
U could debug that code, it's nothing fancy and I have used the package manager
to export content nodes, see an example I just created with it that just has
include filter /content [2]

Greets,
Roy

[1]