Hi Lance,

I sometimes use this simple shell script [1] with file vault to import content
from one AEM instance to another. I am happy to share if it helps. I am not
sure if you are doing this between 2 sling instances though. But you should be
able to change it to use export instead of rcp. Of course you would also need
to change the command URL since it has /crx/.

Also, this just a guess, but see if your Sling instance has these bundles
active. I think your guess is correct. The error indicates that the repository
you are connecting to does not support the protocol you are using - WebDav in
this case.
Jackrabbit WebDAV Library org.apache.jackrabbit.jackrabbit-webdav
Apache Sling Simple WebDAV Access to repositories org.apache.sling.jcr.webdav
Apache Sling DavEx Access to repositories org.apache.sling.jcr.davex

[1]
#!/bin/sh

help() {
echo