On Saturday 06 October 2018 18:35:51 Jörg Hoh wrote:
> Hi

Hi Jörg,

> while working on SLING-7960 I also came across the integration tests for
> the jcr-repoinit module and found if very interesting. Compared to other
> (older) approaches it looks pretty slick and uses the sling feature module
> (provisioning model? Unsure about the correct naming) to build the runtime
> environment for the integration tests, see [1] and the pom [2].
>
> But I wonder where the artifacts it depends on are documented. The website
> where the Sling provisioning model lacks this (even the reference to it).
> Is there documentation out there I missed?

did you see the note on [3]? "The OSGi Feature Model is meant to eventually
replace the Sling Provisioning Model. If you are starting a new Sling project,
please ask on the Sling developers list about the status of the Feature Model
to figure out which is best suited to your needs."

Which other approaches do you mean? Manually setting up a Sling instance is of
course highly discouraged and we have an extension for Pax Exam which takes
care: http://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/testing-paxexam.html

Regards,
O.