On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 4:02 PM Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 8:28 PM roger21 <roge...@free.fr> wrote:
> >
> > hey there
> >
> > suddenly i can't connect to github anymore (svn update or svn checkout)
> >
> > i get the following error:
> >
> > svn checkout https://github.com/roger21/fract.git
> > svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
> > 'https://github.com/roger21/fract.git'
> > svn: E160013: '/roger21/fract.git' path not found
>
> Apparently, GitHub has removed its support for the Subversion protocol:
>
> https://github.blog/changelog/2024-01-08-subversion-has-been-sunset/
>
> --
> Johan

The "git-svn" module has been my go-to tool for accessing legacy
Subversion repos for some time. There are not many compelling reasons
to use Subversion anymore, except the ability to check out only
subdirectories from a branch and the insistence that a single central
repository is the only source of truth.