On 14.01.2024 20:52, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
On Sun, Jan 14, 2024 at 2:27 PM sean<s...@rogue-research.com>  wrote:
On 2024-01-13 16:11, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

There are not many compelling reasons
to use Subversion anymore, except the ability to check out only
subdirectories from a branch and the insistence that a single central
repository is the only source of truth.
The ability to `svn lock` files is very useful if your repo has a lot of
non-mergeable files, like say MS Office documents.
I have never once found that feature to be useful since I first used
Subversion back around 2001.  Mind you, I'd treat Word documents as
binaries objects and not consider them suitable for incremental
changes in a source control system.

X: There's this useful feature that <bar> has but <foo> doesn't.
Y: I've never used that feature so it's useless.

You gotta love that kind of reasoning.

-- Brane