All three responses are exactly right.  I checked my script and assumed
-- and we know what happens when you do that --
that since I had made no specification for case insensitive that it
would be case sensitive.  It wasn't.  I will go see why MYSQL
is doing that and make the change there.  Thank you every so much.
Teaches me to make sure I check all the possibilities
before I start pointing a finger in teh wrong direction.  Love those
features!

With best wishes,

Michael

Michael B. Spring
Associate Professor
Information Science and Telecommunications
Voice: (412)-624-9429 Fax: (412)-624-2788
WWW: http://www.sis.pitt.edu/~spring <http://www.sis.pitt.edu/%7Espring>
Pmail: 701B SIS Building, 135 North Bellefield
University of Pittsburgh, PA 15260