-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Spring [mailto:spr...@pitt.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:35 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Question about usernames being case insensitive

All three responses are exactly right.  I checked my script and assumed
-- and we know what happens when you do that -- that since I had made no
specification for case insensitive that it would be case sensitive.  It wasn't.
 I will go see why MYSQL is doing that and make the change there.  Thank you
every so much.
Teaches me to make sure I check all the possibilities before I start pointing a
finger in teh wrong direction.  Love those features!

With best wishes,

Michael

I could be wrong here, and am not trying to digress from the topic, but I was
thinking Oracle and MySQL both came with the default set to being
case-sensitive.
Not sure, but I thought so. Not sure about DB2, PostgreSQL or others. I thought
SQL Server's default might be tweaked to being case-insensitive by default.
But since you're using MYSQL that last part really isn't too applicable, unless
MySQL is also configured that way.