On 13/11/2013 15:22, Tim Watts wrote:
> I get enough 'opt-out' crap already without having trusted sources
> like ASF hopping on the bandwagon.  If this is going to be the new
> norm for ASF I may have to rethink my list subscriptions.

With my list owner hat on again, I'd just like to make it crystal
clear that this spam was not sent by the Apache Tomcat community or
any other part of the ASF.

While the individual who sent the e-mail is a member of the ASF and is
active in a number of ASF communities, the individual was acting as an
representative of their company. They were not acting on behalf of the
ASF.

While the ASF recognises that it is possible for spammers to scrap
e-mail addresses from ASF mailing lists, it is ASF policy that the
lists of the subscribers to ASF mailing lists are kept private.

Mark