On 2018-11-28 11:04, gustavo.avitab...@unina.it wrote:
Quoting Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>:

André,

On 11/26/18 08:35, André Warnier (tomcat) wrote:
On 26.11.2018 13:29, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 9:48 AM Ludovic Pénet <l.pe...@senat.fr>
wrote:

Le vendredi 23 novembre 2018 à 23:51 +0100, Rémy Maucherat a
écrit :
On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 10:58 AM Mark Thomas
<ma...@apache.org> wrote:

- French has increased from 18% to 64% coverage

Done (well, close enough, a few tribes/ha remain) !
A single translation remains to be performed.

Jump to https://poeditor.com/join/project/NUTIjDWzrl and be the
one to complete the French translation. ;-)

Ok, you could have finished it, I was busy.

Now we can try to harmonize terms, fixes are then easy to do with
the search feature

Common ones we have right now: - "socket" (usually untranslated
or cleverly omitted): ? - "endpoint" (for websockets, and for the
Tomcat connectors, so possibly two different terms): "point
d'entrée" ?

That sounds like exactly the opposite of "endpoint" to me. Although
I must say that even in English, the vocabulary used in some
reference documents (in particular everything to do with XML-based
protocols, such as SOAP, SAML, OASIS and the like) is sometimes
mysterious and counter-intuitive. What about "cible" here ? Or more
literally, "point final" ?

I disagree.

An "endpoint" is a thing to which clients connect... an "entry point",
as Rémy suggests.

For "socket", "soquet" (like the piece in which you insert a plug,
or a lightbulb) sounds ok to me.

This sounds okay to me, thought I don't know French at all. :)

- "thread" (often it is untranslated elsewhere): "fil
d'exécution" ? - "membership" (that's the clustering object):
"gestionnaire de membres" ?

"Membership" refers to "le fait d'être membre", no ? "adhésion" ?
(like "cluster members" -> "adhérents au cluster" (with the
appropriate French pronounciation for "cleustère") :-)

What would you call a list of people who belong to a certain fancy
club or society? That's the word that should be used, here.

- "dispatch"/"dispatcher" (for the Servlet request dispatcher):
?

dépêcher / dépêcheur ?

And I just saw it is really "connexion" and not "connection".
Oooops, I thought both were ok. I guess it's the same kind of
mistake with English-UK vs English-US, where I usually hate the
UK style (except in HarryP and Discworld, it's part of the charm
I suppose).

Maybe a note : the target audience of most of these messages is not
the members of the Académie or the jury of the Prix Goncourt. Its
is programmers, sysadmins and qualified tomcat/webservers users.
The translations should be helpful to them, to get a first idea of
the issue and be able to search later in the on-line documentation.
Which happens to be only available/up-to-date/searchable in
English, no ?

So I believe that a translation such as "La requête PTHT recue sur
le soquet du connecteur de toile a été dépêchée au conducteur du
groupe d'adhérents" may be stylistically correct, but ultimately
quite counter-productive.

(Sorry for the missing c cédille, can't type it here) (PTHT =
Protocol de Transport Hyper-Texte)

HTTP should always be spelled HTTP and never PTHT, just like UTC is
always spelled UTC, even in English (where the acronym makes no sense
to Englist speakers).

I think maybe you were kidding, but ... just in case :)

I am Italian, not French, but the issues discussed here are relevant
for Italian too.

I suggest, as a general criterion, that terms that should be known
to a typical reader (like socket, thread, ...) be left untranslated;
otherwise, the reader will face the additional problem of identifying
what the translated term really means.
           Gustavo

I'm not Italian neither French but Spanish, and I agree with you guys. I'm trying to follow that philosophy on my translations
Certainly there are some words that cannot/should not be translated

--
Salu2, Ulinx
"En un problema con n ecuaciones