On 05.04.2021 00:21, Zala Pierre GOUPIL wrote:

In your case, with a function call, this wouldn't make a difference
"if(request.getCharacterEncoding() = null)" would be illegal syntax as
well, but "if(someObject = null)" is perfectly legal, but doesn't
express the author's intent clearly: Is it a smart person who's taking a
shortcut, or a newbie using the wrong operator?

Let the seasoned programmer who's never made that same mistake throw the
first stone.

I think I never did that mistake. Or at least, I didn't realize it.

J'ai jamais tué d'chats
Ou alors y'a longtemps
Ou bien j'ai oublié
Ou ils sentaient pas bon