> From: Angus Mezick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: where to place context configuration
>
> Am I the only one that is REALLY disturbed about that idea of
> REQUIRING two identical files to run an app?

Probably, because Tomcat does not require that.  You may place the <Context>
element in either location, but Tomcat *may* copy the one from
META-INF/context.xml to conf/Catalina/[host] so it can access it directly.
Proper undeployment will remove the copy.  If you're doing a brute force
replacement of a .war rather than a real undeployment, you deserve what you get.

You have the option of placing the webapp's <Context> element in
conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml so that you can override the one packaged in
the .war file - often necessary with prepackaged apps that might require
special configuration for a particular site.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.