espinchi wrote:

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:

Is it possible to "hide" an url pattern on the outside, but have it
available when accessing from the server machine?
There are ways to do this, but the best way depends on what you want to
actually happen when someone requests a URL from /admin. So, let me know
and I'll make a recommendation.

I would like to serve an ordinary 404 error. To the external user, that
pattern should behave as if it didn't exist.

I think that can be achieved in Tomcat, but I can't find how :(

I'm beginning to sound as if I had a sales commission on that module, but I really like it.. Also, there might be a better method, but what I'm thinking of would be based on this module :

http://www.tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

You can test "from where" the request is coming, and in case it is not "from inside", re-direct it to some standard html page that you would create on your server, and would look like a 404 response. I mean that it would not actually be a 404 response (it would be a normal 200 OK response), but the content of the page would be "sorry, this URL could not be found".