Anthony J. Biacco:

> Hence the idea about downgrading to http 1.0. But that doesn't get me
> the content length header still (which in itself is strange),

No, it's not strange at all. If the length of the response body is not
known when the response headers are sent, you obviously can't add a
Content-Length header. That has nothing to do with the HTTP version used.

> though I could (although I'm sure to get yelled at for) fake the
> content-length header with something in apache like: Header add
> Content-length "50000" Where 50000 is some number larger than my
> largest possible response. Again, probably not the greatest idea.

Probably not. Did you try using ServletResponse#setBufferSize as I
suggested in my other post?

BTW: For Tomcat's NIO Connector I see the "socket.appWriteBufSize"
property which seems to set the output buffer size globally.

--
Regards
  mks