>The Content-Type is text/html. What does the content actually look like?
Is it an error message or something?

If the browser is showing nothing, you may want to use an HTTP protocol
sniffer to see what the content is (although mod_jk appears to be
dumping the full data into the log file, so you could painstakingly
>recreate the data from that, I suppose).

Sorry, the return page this time should just contains simply text, somewhat
like "Generated in 22220 msec[query time: 22186 msec, processing time: 20
msec] for 36 contracts. ", not a PDF-stream since I just want to test a
simple case.

Besides, I check the OS, Httpd and mod_jk version. They are:

On the machine with mod_jk 1.2.26:
Server version: Apache/2.0.46
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 5) 32 bit

On the machine with mod_jk 1.2.28:
Server version: Apache/2.0.52
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 8) 64 bit

I am not sure these make different.