How do I unsubscribe from this list? I have tried following the unsubscribe
link in the emails and it has not worked... Any tips would be appreciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Smith [mailto:david.sm...@cornell.edu]
Sent: 19 June 2010 22:36
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null' AGAIN!

On 6/19/2010 1:31 PM, yucca...@live.co.za wrote:
> I have no choice left but to not let hibernate use my tomcat datasource.
This is not good. I have even moved host provider in hope that it was
previous fult tomcat install from dailyrazor (tomcat 6 does not hav
common/lib) and is meant to have tomcat/lib

> I can say that my new container is correct and that I am 100% sure that
all mus jdbc configuration is correct in zml after having gone though it at
least 20 times and checked the wiki that was linked here earlier and still
have issues. Yes mysql jdbc bin is in tomcat/lib so that is not cause of the
error. /the error is very weird though as I have another point that uses
hibernate without error on the same database. It is not possible for me to
use hibernate to use tomcat datasource sadly. Many thanks for all the help
though.

If you put the following into a jsp and call the jsp, does it work?

<%...@page import="java.sql.Connection"%>
<%...@page import="java.sql.DriverManager"%>
<%...@page import="java.sql.SQLException"%>

<%
Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();
conn =  DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost/test?" +
                                   "user=monty&password=greatsqldb");
out.println( "The connection worked!!" ) ;
%>

If that works then your jdbc driver is available and installed properly
(I trust there is only one copy of that jar in your entire tomcat
install ... right?).

Now check to see if there's an xml in tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost
matching your webapp's deployed name.  For instance if you access your
webapp as http://localhost:8088/mywebapp, there should be a mywebapp.xml
file there.  Take a look at it for the <Resource ... /> or <ResourceLink
... /> (which ever you setup) and make sure they are correct.  If this
file is not available, take a look at context.xml in your webapp's
META-INF folder (same process).  If it's not there, then the <Context
... > element for your webapp is in server.xml and it should  NOT be
there.  It's bad practice and requires a full tomcat restart to make
changes.

Lastly, case matters.  Be sure everything is typed correctly including
whether it's upper or lower case.

Now take a look at the logs and post any relevant messages including
complete stacktraces of exceptions w/o edits except to protect usernames
and passwords.

--David