On 22/06/2010 07:55, yucca...@live.co.za wrote:
> tomcats!,  clearly it is time to move onbecause there is a workaround to
> this issue by having hibernate manage it's own connection pool. I am not
> going to recheck my iurls again and jndi names because they are correct
> and my hosting provider has  assisted me in checking and found no wrong.
> for future visitors to this thread, try allowing hibernate to manage own
> pool, it worked for me before i rwefactored my app in an attempt to gwt
> hibernate to use the tomcat pool. The guide  over here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/TomcatHibernate will still show you how to
> do that and is ver well written and overall the guide did allow me get
> hibernate to use my tomcat pool on my test rig but it failed with two
> production environments. I will try again to get it working on tomcat 7
> in the future and report back here.

Changing Tomcat version isn't going to make any difference.

You've tested the DB connection by manually creating a Connection using
the DriverManager method, but have you tested the DataSource works by
performing a JNDI lookup?

 Context initContext = new InitialContext();
 Context envContext  = (Context)initContext.lookup("java:/comp/env");
 DataSource ds = (DataSource)envContext.lookup("jdbc/my_db_name_here");
 Connection conn = ds.getConnection();

 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html