On 01/07/2010 13:34, rahul wrote:
> Hello Miki
>
> Thanks for your inputs. UNIX war means the war file deployed in UNIX
> environment and Windows war means the war file deployed in Windows. So, as I
> said that when I just transfer the war file from Windows to UNIX, it
> mis-bheaves the way I specified. On the other hand, if I transfer the war
> file from UNIX to Windows, it works perfectly.
>
> So, I guess that refutes the conception that the build process is platform
> dependent. I can agree with the Tomcat Setup part. But what? I have been
> unable to figure that out for this is the third day now.

What are you doing to build the .war, running an Ant script perhaps?

Does your build process include OS specific configuration?

Where are the OS specific configuration files you mentioned placed on
the filing system?

What is different about the server.xml, in the two different Tomcat
installations?

What do the logs says during startup in each Tomcat?  (You might clear
the logs and start a fresh one for each server)