On 4/6/2011 1:54 PM, הילה wrote:
I wanted to add the last string as well, but they said to forget about it..

:] and they should know best
however, if disconnections will continue (there are some right now) I'll try
it anyway

as for the connection validation = you said that if the DB closes a
connection (why does it happen? can I prevent it?)
most common is that the DB times out an idle connection. A pool holds a connection open, the connection is not being used and the DB times it out. there are many examples, same thing if there is a network glitch, or the db is restarted.

than the pool is checking
if the connection is open and working. and if not? i the DB closed the
connection and it's not usable.. then what does the pool do?
if the pool doesn't check, then it doesn't do anything.
if the pool check (testOnBorrow=true) and the test fails, it closes the old
connection and opens a new one.

Filip