> From: הילה [mailto:hilavalen...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: JDBC Pool Disconnections

> last thing we talked about is adding the strings of validation query,
> validation interval and test on borrow, so the pool will know if the
> connections had been closed by DB or not, and respond accordingly. this one
> I understood :]
> so.. RDBMS? how is it connected to my case? (bare with me.. I was introduced
> to tomcat only a couple months ago).

A) Ignore anything Martin G posts - so much of it is irrelevant that it's a
waste of time to wade through it.

B) RDBMS = DB.  The one you're using may have an extremely fast mechanism that
can be used to determine the viability of the connection with minimal overhead.
 MySQL is the example cited by Chris S.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.