On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Mario <mario.hofstaet...@automationx.com>
wrote:

> Our documentation subwiki is multilingual, english and german.
> Unfortunately, at the moment only some pages are translated, some exist in
> german only, some in english only (doh!).
> If a user is using german (default) as interface language, and searches for
> a page what only exists in english, the page is not found. You have to
> selected "english" unter language in the advanced search options.
>
> We noticed that deleting the language setting of a page results in the page
> beeing found in either language, it is listet as "No Language" in the
> search
> results.
>

> Is this the recommanded approach?

No, because then the content of those pages won't be indexed correctly. The
locale is important because it influences the way the content is being
indexed (each language has a dedicated analyzer that splits the text in
words and extracts the roots using language specific rules).

What you're asking for is not exposed in the search UI but is supported
under the hood. The language filter on the search UI is using the "locale"
index field, which performs an exact match on the page locale. There is
another index field called "locales" (notice the plural) that matches the
current page locale (if available) or the default page locale otherwise.
You could try to add "locales" to the list of facets in
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Solr+Search+Application#HSearchUIConfiguration
.

Hope this helps,
Marius