I did the same thing for a conference in Charleston years ago (back in the Gerry Ianneli days), Mark. When I had to go, I just hiked off and took care of that matter, then promptly returned. Nothing got stolen or damaged. For meals I similarly made speed runs to one of the food vendors and took the food back to the booth. Human convention participants understand the needs of human presenters.

Still, it would be better if someone could share those duties with you! Unfortunately, that's out of my area.

Jim

On 2013-09-28 09:03, Henschel Mark wrote:
Hello everybody:

I was doing research into annual meetings coming up in Chicago. It looks
like the next NCTM annual meeting will not be there for a long time. I
did work and set up an exhibit for the NCTM meeting in 2000. I remember
standing at the exhibit supplied by the Laws and Metric group and
passing out literature to scads of people walking by.

Now I see there is an annual meeting of the AAAS in Chicago February
14-17 2014.

I would be willing to set up a display (for no pay- as a volunteer) and
even help pay some of the rental fee for the booth (9 square meters).
That is $2,250.00. I am also willing to pay my own lodging and eating costs.

But last time I did not urinate for over nine hours, and that is getting
more difficult at my age. Would anybody like to work with me and man a
metric booth at the AAAS convention in Chicago in 2014 for three days of
exhibit time?

If I can get some help, I think Linda Crown will send me a display and
literature, and if not, I think I can find one on my own, so either way
it is a doable project.

Anybody else in?

MarkHenschel