On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 03:01:22AM +0200, Allan wrote:
> After you have found some way to 0 your freespace sectors, close
> the VM and run:
> vboxmanage modifymedium <path/filename.vdi> --compact

That won't shrink the size of the virtual hard disk, it will only
shrink the size of the vdi file on the host system. Once the virtual hard
disk is used again by the guest, the size of the vdi file on the
physical system will once again start to expand until it reaches the
size of the virtual hard disk, or until it is compacted once more.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1