Hi,

I finally found the time to install the much needed chkuser-patch and it
is working really good - almost :)

I provide SMTPS (SMTP over SSL on port 456) via stunnel and I have
problems with some mail clients (mainly Thunderbird)

I got the following error-message when sending mail in Thunderbird:

An error occured while sending mail. The mail server responded: SER
accepted sender: from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:> remote
<[192.168.1.2]:unknown:80.184.128.120> rcpt <> : sender accepted. Please
verify that your email address is correct in you Mail preferences and
try again.

So there is some chkuser-ouput coming through, but obviously no
error-message. With Thunderbird and normal SMTP the whole thing is
working fine.

I tested this SSL setup with The Bat! and Apple Mail and there it is
working also.

So is this a bug in Thunderbird or chkuser, anything I can do about
this?

I'm starting stunnel with this supervise-script:

#!/bin/sh
exec env - CHKUSER_START="NONE" \
    /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -R -H -l 0 -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb \
    -v -u 90 -g 90 0 smtps /usr/local/sbin/stunnel \
    /usr/local/etc/stunnel/smtps.conf

and the following smtps.conf for stunnel

exec = /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
execargs = qmail-smtpd /var/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /usr/bin/true

So this is rather strange, isn't it?

Florian