On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 18:50 +0100, tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
> Rick Romero ha scritto:

> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Perhaps I should have said that this server will be housed and that I
> > > can't set more than one server because of the cost... so I needed to do
> > > something as this... but don't know if it would work or could have
> > > problems... I assume not.. because is the same way than setting a ssl smtp
> > > on port 465.. it shares everything with qmails 25 port server... but I
> > > needed to know if any of you have tested if this works...
> > >

> > Yes, basically:
> >
> > Do an alternate qmail install (qmail2)
> > Install your qmail-scanner on qmail2 with only antivirus scanning.
> >
> > Assuming you're running supervised:
> > create a /service/smtp2/run that only binds to your external IP (correct
> > the paths)
> > create a /service/send2/ like /service/send, but with correct paths
> > change/add /var/qmail2/control/smtproutes to contain only:
> > :127.0.0.1
> >
> > modify your /service/smtp/run so it only binds to 127.0.0.1
> >

> > What you did was install a blank qmail (make sure the basics are there
> > so you don't have an open relay, etc) into qmail2.  All it does is bind
> > to your external IP, recieve email, a/v scan it, and forward it to
> > 127.0.0.1.   Since 127.0.0.1 is your original qmail install, it will
> > handle everything as it did before.
> >
> > It can get confusing - so make sure you backup everything before you
> > accidentally edit/delete something in /var/qmail instead
> > of /var/qmail2 :)
> >

> What about qmail users? Usually qmail "cd" according to user's home
> directory.

If everything is smtproute forwarded to 127.0.0.1 your qmail2 need not
know about any users - as long as it's not using chkuser.  All he should
need is qmail2/control/rcpthosts to contain the domains he's receiving
for.
/var/qmail would do the actual user check (either with chkuser during
smtp or during the actual delivery) and bouce it back to /var/qmail2,
which should send bounce back out through /var/qmail :P

So if there are a ton of 'fake' user deliveries, qmail2 should be setup
using chkuser...  but I moved /var/qmail onto only 127.0.0.1 for the
example so he wouldn't have to worry about duplicating individual user
info...

Rick

!DSPAM:473350d232002423038714!