hi,

I have also currently the responsiveness problem.  I have a P4 2.4GHz
which runs at aout 20% load, so it should not be a performance problem.

Currently home-made lirc, vdr-xine and 1.4.1 (and that's why I haven't
reported before you started complaining, as I have not had the energy
to upgrade lately).

Earlier I had an ATI GFX card and used XV (with xine) for playback,
and had not this problem.  After switching to nVidia GeForce FX 5200,
it started.

For me, the vdr watchdog helps, but it definitely is not a DVB-driver
problem, as I have modified runvdr to _not_ to reload DVB drivers, as
that never helps anything anyway.

yours,
                Jouni
--