On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 10:18:03PM +0200, Kartsa wrote:
> Marko Mäkelä kirjoitti:
> >>I do not think that it is the reason. I checked that the cpu load was
> >>less than 10% on my 3000+ AMD and even with my 550MHz PIII less than 20%
> >>when there were 5 simultaneuous recordings.
> >>

> >You should really learn to use OProfile.  With it, you can see which
> >functions (or even which source code lines or machine instructions)
> >are to blame
> Would it really matter in this case when cpu load was that small? I was
> just trying to say that even though there were almost no cpu load vdr
> was working sluggish.

Without trying it, it is hard to say.  You may be right, the load is so
small that the sluggishness can result from some mutex waits or
something else that wouldn't stand out in a profiler that measures CPU
resources.

In any case, you could profile the old and new version of vdr and see if
there is any obvious difference.

        Marko