On 24.03.2013 13:51, Lucian Muresan wrote:

I searched for the segfault in the code but the reason was the make,
and that costs me some days.

There's not very much which go wrong. As long as the plugins are compiled with -fPIC and -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 there should be no ABI incompatibilities.

I can understand your frustration - changing a myriad of packages is an annoying task (been there - done that! :-)

But after all I think the new Makefile is much better and for the first time works out of the box with the standard Debian packaging tools (which require *FLAGS, DESTDIR, PREFIX and so on).

Packaging is much easier right now as you basically only have to do:

make all PREFIX=/ ...
make install DESTDIR=...

And for plugins that haven't migrated to the new Makefile the only change I had to do was:

export CXXFLAGS += $(shell pkg-config vdr --variable=cxxflags)

The only thing I'm missing is a CPPFLAG in the Makefiles, which I hope gets added in 2.0+X.

But I'm talking from the Debian/Ubuntu perspective only - things might be slighty more complicated in Gentoo.

Tobias