Hello,

I don't want to hijack your thread, but just as a reference here is my solution
with acpid to achieve nearly the same:

/etc/acpid/power:

event=button/power*
action=/sbin/acpishutdown.sh

/sbin/acpishutdown.sh:

#!/bin/sh
if [ -e /tmp/acpibutton ]; then
  if [ `/bin/ls /tmp/acpibutton -lc --time-style="+%s"|/bin/cut --delemiter=" "
--fields 6` -gt `/bin/date --date="20 seconds ago" +%s` ]; then
    /sbin/shutdown -h now
  else
    /bin/touch /tmp/acpibutton
    /bin/svdrpsend HITK Power
  fi
else
  /bin/touch /tmp/acpibutton
  /bin/svdrpsend HITK Power
fi

If you press the power button VDR is told via SVDRP to shut down.
If you press the power button two times within 20 seconds, the computer is
shutdown directly with /sbin/shutdown.

Best regards
Sebastian