On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 17:54 +0200, Markos Charatzas wrote:

> I didnt put it correct. I dont mean that the LocaleAction renders the page, I
> mean first calling LocaleAction *and* then rendering the page. So the
> question is when to call request.put().
>
> At the moment I found a solution by declaring a global forward which always
> calls the associated action with a given page (passed as a parameter) which
> handles the "request.put" in the "execute" method.
>
> However, Im not 100% sure its the right way since I would imagine an Action
> class would only handle all the business logic to prepare the objects for
> request.put and not actually making it.

To be honest I think that this should go into VelocityServlet - or a
child of it. I'm not sure this exists yet, but it shouldn't be very
difficult. I've seen a few people asking about it - but no code yet.

Perhaps we will implement it ourselves actually since we are moving into
the Chinese market this year.