Yep, that's sure to be the problem.  As for keeping record of
everything you put in the request, i'm not sure what the best way to
do this is.  personally, i only rarely put things directly into the
request myself.  i mostly use tools to access my request scoped data.
those are easy enough to keep track of in my toolbox.xml file.

but here's an off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion you could do to help
avoid namespace collisions like this:  use different naming
schemes/prefixes for different parts of your application.  for
instance, you could prefix all your resource bundle keys with "rb_"
or something like that.