----- Original Message -----
From: "Shinobu Kawai" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Velocity Users List" <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: Velocity JSP Generation

> <snip>
> I wonder if anybody uses Velocity to create Velocity templates.  I
> might need to add vtl to the EscapeTool.  (half joking, half...)

> <snip>

Well, I was kind of thinking about this right before I saw your message.
(only half seriously...)
But really, what if (only what if) one would provide the Struts validator
and config files (which are info-rich-enough), along with the *.properties
containing messages, and at the startup of the WAR (or even at build time)
Velocity would generate a set of Velocity templates for all required pages
(maybe even Action classes).
Yes, it's not something one can whip up before coffee break, but it may be
interesting as it would produce

"Instant Applications - just add CPU/database and enjoy a nice hot cup of
Velocity Java"

 :)

Florin