Hi Mike,

> > I still don't "get" the whole escaping scheme, partly because I can't
> > find any documentation that is completely correct.  We might want a
> > document totally devoted to escaping in VTL.  :(
>
> Escape all [$], [#], ["], [!] and ['].  (actually, ! might be overkill, but
> better safe than sorry.) Just use your tool :)

I'll add [\] to that.  :)

> Always use formal notation ${x}
>
> That's always worked for me, and never surprises me.

If I can be sure that EscapeTool will be in the Context, it isn't hard
at all.  But what if it's not?

Anyways, what I wanted to say was "I want a complete and accurate
document on how escaping works in Velocity."  It should cover
references, directives, silent notation, formal notation, schmoo...
Anything else?

Best regards,
-- Shinobu

--