I am actively and successfully using Struts 1.2.x with VelocityTools 1.2dev
and Velocity 1.4.

Admittedly I haven't been using the ValidatorTool (only use server side
validation) but I still took some time to upgrade it so it should work fine
for Struts 1.2.x now (the app5 velstruts example has been upgraded to
showcase the latest version).

cheers,
Marinó

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]